A Mindfulness & Meditation Teacher Training is perfect for practitioners who are looking to share their knowledge and experience with others. A personal practice of mindfulness and meditation is essential for moving forward with a formal training, and in this course you will learn methods and techniques that suit a wide variety of learning styles, and will be given the setting to dive deeper into your own exploration and development.
This course is intended for practitioners who already have a solid foundation in mindfulness and meditation, who are looking to take the next step into teaching. We are looking for students who have experienced one or more of the following:
- 200hr (or more) Yoga Teacher Training
- Mindfulness Practitioner Course
- Meditation Series
- Regular mindfulness / meditation practice accompanied with self study
What to expect each week:
- Sessions are conducted as Zoom webinars at 7pm EST on one weeknight each week.
- Each Webinar is recorded and uploaded for later reference, or if you are not able to be present during the session.
- There will be a grounding at the beginning of each session led by the instructor or a volunteer, and at least one meditation.
- Each session will focus on a new topic with a question and answer section at the end.
- Between sessions you will be given a suggested home practice to help integrate the concepts.
- Upon registration you will gain access to the resources section of this website, where you will find videos and audio files to help you with your practice.
- You will be teamed up with a co-coach for continued practice and reflection.
- There is assigned reading that makes up part of the 100hrs.
- A pre-recorded video is to be watched for discussion at each live session.
- Home practice will be discussed.
- Students will be required to submit a recorded guided meditation and a final project for review to demonstrate understanding of the concepts.
- Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (The CBT Distinctive Features Series) by Rebecca Crane
You will be assigned a co-coach who will be your practice student/teacher as well as your accountabili-buddy. These pairings will be created at random; if you have any issues with the individual you are partnered with, reflect on what about yourself is being triggered by that individual.
Final Project and Recording:
- Students will be required to submit a 10-15 minute recorded meditation (style of their choosing) that demonstrates the concepts of guiding a meditation.
- Students will also be required to complete and submit a final project of their choosing, This can be in a wide verity of formats such as instructional video, power-point presentation with audio overdub, instructional audio series, podcast. Think of something that will relate to how you may want teach after you have completed this program.
Our certificate of completion is recognized by the Canadian Yoga Alliance and will be in affiliation with the Kala Yoga Registered Yoga School. You then can register to be a recognized MT (meditation teacher) through the Canadian Yoga Alliance. Although this practice is not well represented by a piece of paper and a title, we understand that in some settings in order to be given the chance to teach and help others an employer may want to see a certificate.
The program costs $850 plus tax per person. This gives you continuing access to all resources on the Higher Potential Living website, the course content, discounted rates on any future training, and recognition as a Higher Potential Living Representative. As a Representative you may be hired to assist with future teacher training, courses and retreats.
How to Pay:
Click on the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page. Your application will be reviewed and upon acceptance a payment link will be sent to you with instructions for payment options. One has the option to pay in full or to put down a deposit to hold one's spot. The remaining balance is required by March 11th.